Hey hey everyone!
How’s every thing? In my part, life is back to hectic normal routine again. School holiday was way over, my boys are back to school and so I am back to lunch box lady, mum’s taxi, and cruela de ville tiger mum mode on 😛😅…. so I’m in need for a short break vacation or even staycation? Ahahaaaa….the father of my children would kill me if he reads this!
Anyway speaking of holiday, it’s always good to go with your family, or sometimes by yourself or a bunch of your girlfriends. Because, it is not always, but sometimes…the more the merrier, right? So, this time I’d write about going on holiday with your girlfriends aka girls trip. Well, though I am a mother of two and wife of one hubby, every now and then I’d still like to have a “me” time by traveling with no demanding kids and whining hubby in tow. And can do whatever I want without being told off (staring too long at those gorgeous shoes at the window display, or just want to eat rice all the time! 😆), or I can do things that only fun when you doing it with your female friends! And you know what, girls trip are somewhat different from the usual ones. Travelling with a girls group is something you should never miss!
In order to stay intact, alive, and most importantly is still be friends with your girls after the vacation is over, here are some of my thoughts that may (or may not 😜) help you surviving the girls trip!
- Choose your travel companions wisely and it is OK to be picky about WHO you’d like to spend your holidays with and be your roommates. Remember, your friends whose you always having lunch or shopping together are not always your best match. Instead, join some like-minded girls with whom you are comfortable. If you like to spend your holiday doing beach thingy such as; swimming, snorkel, or even just sun-bathing at the beach, but your friend/s is/are more into city sleeker or not an outdoorsy kind of persons then there’ll be a friction.
- Choose place wisely that everyone in the group agreed. Select a place that’s not very far away, so it will not strain you much and the journey will be fun.
- Plan and book your trip a couple months ahead. Get together and discuss every thing up front and honest. If you can’t afford a 5 stars accommodation, or you rather save your flight by going economy class than business, tell your friends straight away. It’s better to be up front and honest rather than you’ll regret or not satisfied later. Once everyone agreed and happy with the transport and accommodation, book and secure the payment. It’s better if one person book the transport system and the other does the accommodation. Finalise all the payments couple weeks before the D-day.
- Be cautious and safe. Sometimes when a bunch of women travel together, they get teased or worse stalked by some guys. It is better to avoid it and stay away from such scene. Also, be cautious with the hygiene. Try to find some hygienic place for food and accommodation. Don’t stay at the the hotels just because they offer a cheap rates. Choose some moderate quality place at least. And always carry a mineral water with you.
- Stay together and enjoy your trip. Don’t make any arrangements with another group since it’s a girls trip so you suppose to spend time together. If each of you have a different agenda or want to do your own thing while you are together, then maybe a girls trip is not for you. Beside, it is safer when you stay together as a group, refer to the “be cautious and safe” above mentioned.
- Last, girls trip is more enjoyable if there’s a balanced group. It is always better to have a good number of girls for the trip, try to include at least 3 – 6 people, but not more (in my opinion). Don’t give in for silly fights, instead solve the problems there itself. Better not ruin the happy mood and have a good time!
If you have any other tips that you can add, please share in the comment below I am more than happy to know. And how about you, have you been on girls trip yet? Would love to hear your stories! 😍
Leave a Reply