I am pretty sure all of you know how to make this cake, right?! Anyhow, I would still like to share the recipe since this mud cake is very easy and quick to make and no need mixer! Just put everything together in the sauce pan and mix it. Okay, here’s how to make it:
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 250grams butter
- 200 grams dark cooking chocolate
- 1/4 cups cocoa powder
- 2 cups caster sugar
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 tspn vanilla essence
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flour
- In a saucepan over low heat melt together, butter, cocoa, choclate, sugar, vanilla and hot water.
- When cooled add flour and eggs and mix well. The mixture will be very runny.
- Pour into a lined 30cm cake tin and bake at 150C for 1 hour and 15 minutes
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before turning out.
- When cool sprinkle with icing sugar if you like. I don’t use icing sugar but I pour a bit of chocolate sauce.
- Maybe served with cream or ice cream as well.
To make the chocolate sauce:
- 200ml pure (thin) cream
- 50ml milk
- 200gram dark chocolate, chopped
- 20gram good quality cocoa powder
Place the cream and milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to just below boiling point, then remove from heat and gently whisk chocolate and cocoa until smooth. Set aside to cool. Extra sauce will keep refrigerated for up to 5 days.
Happy Sunday everyone!
Note: this cake though very moist but quite full-filling.
Source: Best Recipe
Leave a Reply